Wound Healing Products
ChitoTech Wound Healing Dressings:
Wound healing dressing as the first products of the company are based on the latest medical science achievements and practical principles of moist wound healing methods. The dressings are biocompatible and made from algae (N-acetyl – D- Glucosamine) which leads to activate effective factors particularly macrophages in wound healing. They are capable of absorbing wound exudates.1,2,3,4,5
Mechanism of Action:
They accelerate wound healing process up to 70%, by increasing population of macrophages, immune system essential biomolecules and maintaining optimal moist wound condition.
According to investigated biocompatibility tests, ChitoTech wound healing products are biocompatible, with no evidence of sensitivity and skin irritation, inflammation and cytotoxicity.
1. S. Honardar, S.S. Kordestani, M. Daliri, F. NayebHabib, “The effect of chitosan-based gel on second degree burn wounds.” Journal of wound care 25, no.8 (2016): 489-494.
2. Bahman Ebrahimi-Hosseinzadeh*, Mirsepehr Pedram , Ashrafalsadat Hatamian-Zarmi, Soheila Salahshour-Kordestani , Mahtab Rasti, Zahra Beagom Mokhtari-Hosseini , and Mohammad Mir-Derikvand. “In vivo Evaluation of Gelatin/Hyaluronic Acid Nanofiber as Burn-wound Healing and Its Comparison with ChitoHeal Gel.” Journal of Fibers and Polymers 17, No.6 (2016): 820-826.
3. Soheila S.kordestani, Farzaneh NayebHabib, Mitra S.Abyaneh, “The role of advanced bioactive wound dressing in treating diabetic foot ulcers.” Journal of JSM foot Ankle 1, No.1 (2016): 1-9.
4. Soheila S. Kordestani, “Natural Biopolymers: Wound Care Applications”. Encyclopedia of Biomedical Polymers and Polymeric Biomaterials, (2014):1-14.
5. Kordestani, Soheila S., Shahrezaee. M, Tahmasbi.M.N., Hajimahmodi.H, Hahi Ghasemali.D., Abyaneh.M.S." A randomized controlled trial on the effectiveness of an advanced wound dressing used in Iran." Journal of wound care 17, no.7 (2008):323-327.